Turf Masters Sod Farm
Pro's and Con's
- Mowing Height: 2”- 3”
- Watering 1” – 1 ¼” per day
- Mowing frequency (10 to 14 days) during peak growing months.
- Optimum soil PH (5.5)
- Dethatch or verticut every two to three years.
- Grows very slowly
- Hates nitrogen fertilization
- Requires full sun / little shade
- Low mowing maintenance
- Requires less water than Bermuda
- Apple Green in color
- Same price as Bermuda grass
- Ground Pearls Eat it Up / Prevalent In Sandy Soils
- No pesticide will kill ground pearls
- Cannot take any traffic
- Cannot take cold weather very "susceptible to winter kill"
- Never will have deep green color
- Hates nitrogen which makes grass green and forces growth
- Poor root structure in spring due to shallow root system tends to fall apart until mid summer high loss rate
- Insects and moles can burrow easily due to root system
- Most homeowners do not like it due to the overwhelming cost to maintain and constant replacement of product
- Overall look is poor
- Same price as Bermuda
Centipede ----- St. Augustine ---- Bermuda ---- Zoysia
FEATURING CROWN ZOYSIA
16x24 Slabs – 21x43 Small Rolls – 30’ Big Rolls – 42’ Big Rolls
Free Usage of Big Roll Applicator
We Do It All!!!