Turf Masters Sod Farm
Pro's and Con's
- Mowing Height: 1”- 2”
- Watering 1” – 1 ¼” per day
- Mowing frequency (3 to 7 days) during peak growing months.
- Optimum soil PH (6.5)
- Dethatch or verticut every third or fourth year.
- Grows very rapidly / can take traffic
- Loves nitrogen fertilization
- Requires full sun
- Repairs itself quickly
- Can take cold weather
- Same price as centipede
- Requires full sun / ZERO PERCENT shade tolerance at all
- Army worms are a constant battle / eat new grass quickly
- Requires mowing 2-3 times during peak growing season
- Very weedy by nature due to texture of grass, weeds are able to germinate very easily
- Needs constant chemical work to keep weeds out / very high chemical bills
- Requires more water than any turf grass , which means very high water bills
- Most homeowners do not like it due to the overwhelming cost to maintain
- Over last few years there has been a shortage of availability and this trend will continue this coming year due to market moving away from centipede.
Centipede ----- St. Augustine ---- Bermuda ---- Zoysia
FEATURING CROWN ZOYSIA
16x24 Slabs – 21x43 Small Rolls – 30’ Big Rolls – 42’ Big Rolls
Free Usage of Big Roll Applicator
We Do It All!!!